Saturday, July 15, 2017

Camp Day 4 People of the Big River 2017




July 12, 2017
Camp Day 4











Today we are moving, the group and will head to north to Umatilla Reservation and stay with the Redelk family for a couple of days. On our way out of camp we stopped at the High Dessert Museum. It was a nice stop, there were lots of historical points of interest to see within the museum. On one side of the Museum showed stages of European settlement. There is a picture of mining workers, small log cabin rooms and an oriental trade store. On the opposite end of the museum was the Native American history. Displays of beautiful bead work, tools native people uses and viewing windows with significant cultural importance to Indians and that are still important to our culture in present day. Although living in the late 1800 to early 1900 must have been tough I can’t help to stop and think about how close families were back then, how clean simple and untouched every thing was, compared to now were we have massive industry, populations and pollution. There was also some wildlife exhibits with in the museum there were some wildlife rescue animals to. I only got a few pictures because I was so interested at taking the moment in it was difficult to remind myself to capture the display on camera. Along the way headed North I captured an image of Smith Rocks in Oregon were people come from all over to rock climb. We stopped in town to use the internet to upload our blogs, I was finally able to talk to my family. It was so nice to hear everyone’s voice, I also had the chance to send a card home. I got a nice sunset photo as we pulled into the Umatilla Reservation.

No comments:

Post a Comment