Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Camp Day 1 People of the Big River 2017






July 9, 2017
Camp Day 1


Today I meet with all my fellow Heritage classmates and White Swan  Students and designated faculty to start our 2-week field class. Although departing from my family was difficult for me I know this experience will be educational and spiritual. Arriving at camp was it was a five-hour drive and I was happy to get out and stretch me legs and set up my tent. The moon light was bright and a few of us went on a night hike using only the light was producing for us. When it was time to retire I laid down in my tent I missed my family, my warm bed and the comforts of home. I must have laid awake for hours. The last time I had checked the time it was 2:24 am. Wake up time would present it self at 6:30 am, I lay quietly in my tent listening to the sounds in the dark. I could hear a bird out in the distance, it made me wonder that it looked like? Then I focused my attention to the stream that flows and babbles near our camp ground and it lulled me to sleep. I miss my children.

No comments:

Post a Comment