Thursday, July 20, 2017

Camp Day 11 People of the Big River 2017

July 19, 2017
Camp Day 11

Traditional Feast, Coeur D' Alene






This morning we pack up our camp site and head to Coeur D’ Alene in Idaho. Traveling to a new state! I’m looking forward to this upcoming exhibition as we are at the end of the trip and I am closer to returning to my family. When we pulled into our camp site I was so captured by the beautiful Coeur D’ Alene Lake. We were welcomed into the camp site by a native gathering and celebrated wit a feast or traditional foods. We had smoked salmon, elk and deer meat. We had some moss pudding and camas. After dinner were invited to join a prayer and smug ourselves. It was pleasant sitting amongst traditional people still honoring the old way of things. As the day turned to night the lighting around the lake glistened on the water. There were lake houses with in view and I think to myself how fortunate these people are to live in a place of so much natural beauty. I only hope that they live in harmony with the other inhabitance of the forest. I seen a shooting star this evening.
Payer and Smug 

Coeur D' Alene Lake

No comments:

Post a Comment